Sunday 3 January 2016

January 2016

Pale blue hollow bubble beads with swirls of palest soft green and grey.

After a successful series of Christmas events in my studio, at the Quay Arts, Tapnell Farm and Ventnor Winter Gardens, it was time for a little rest. Feeling refreshed, I'm now ready to start thinking about Spring and Summer, yippee!
Bell flowers, this time pale baby blue with mauve grey petals.

All these discs are destined for one necklace. A good illustration of  my first colours for Spring 2016.

I've not quite got the colours sorted yet. I've started with some turquoise, soft green and white. These are colours that work well and are so wearable. Always a good place to start.
I used a spot pattern on cream and black for my Autumn and Winter designs that proved popular. Attempts to use it in a Spring design haven't been too great yet, but it's early days.
Here are some experimental beads I've been making with some interesting variegated glass rods.

I've been having a few little experimental sessions and have come up with a sort of sideways heart design. Definitely a useful possibility.
Heart shaped patterns created by dragging dots of colour on white.

No comments:

Post a Comment