Sunday 6 March 2016

Spring 2016 - Sand, Sea and Sky

Sand, Sea and Sky
www.littlehousejewellery.co.uk


When deciding colours for my Spring collection this year, I started with just two coloured glass rods. I have been using baby blue transparent in a small way for several years. I like it's paleness and it rarely gets a yellowy tinge that clear other pale transparent glass gets. I usually use cream opaque glass in the Winter because it warmer and white for freshness in the Summer. However this was a cream glass I had not used before and from the moment I first used it, I knew it was going to be interesting. So these two colours became the foundation on which to add shape and other colours.tuffnellglass.com
Pale Baby Blue and New Ivory Effetre Glass Rods

As each piece of jewellery emerged it became apparent that a theme was beginning to develop. Wisps of white and grey added to the blue became watery Spring skies. Cream, new ivory and fossil swirled together gave an impression of sand and pebbles.


I have included a few additional photos that reflect my sand, sea and sky theme. These include pebbles and shells from opposite sides of the country and two pictures by two artist friends.


Oyster Shells and Pebbles from Whitstable, Kent and Other Shells from St Davids, West Wales


Pebbles by Trudi Bridgeman

Yachts at Cowes by Hilary Thorpe hilarythorpe.co.uk

And here is a selection of my Spring Sand, Sea and Sky 2016 Jewellery















No comments:

Post a Comment